What Are Backlinks And How Do They Work?
Updated: Sep 6
They are SEO's sinews of war!
Google's Page Rank algorithm is based on backlinks. BuzzSumo's SEO specialists evaluated over 1 million articles a few years ago. You have minimal chance of ranking on the first Google page for the desired keywords if you don't have any links. The conclusion is clear!
1. Backlink Definition
Backlinks, sometimes known as "inbound links," are links from other websites to pages on your website.
2. Advantages Of Backlinks
Improves your domain authority and therefore your positions in the Google results pages
Increases your site traffic
3. How To Ensure The Good Quality Of A Backlink?
The theme of the site
The domain authority
→ Controlling your backlinks is essential!
4. Tools To Analyze Backlinks
Ubersuggest backlinks checker
Ahrefs backlinks checker
→ Not all backlinks are equal. Some can even be dangerous
5. Toxic Backlinks
1. Massive and rapid link purchases
2. Abusive use of link anchors (20/80)
3. Too frequent reciprocal exchanges
4. Poor quality links
6. Examples Of Anchors Links
Natural anchor link: www.impactwebdesign.com.au
Optimised anchor link: seo
Bad anchor link: click here
7. The Right Approach To Have In Terms Of Backlinks
More natural anchors, less optimized anchors
Allow time to work and start with manual backlink research
Favor the exchange of triangular or unilateral links
Choose your backlinks carefully by avoiding low quality sites
Obtain inbound links in "Dofollow" and not in "Nofollow"
8. Controlling Backlinks
Make sure that most backlinks are placed in "Dofollow"
Detect and remove harmful links
Prevent an attack from Negative SEO (competitors)
9. Delete Bad Links
1. Increase the number of backlinks from authoritative sites in your industry (referential domains)
2. Concentrate your backlinks on your most crucial pages (SEO juice)
Your Linkreators have the ability of creating those links.